Monday, September 9, 2013

Pasadena Rose Bowl Flea Market


 A Southern California tradition is the Rose Bowl Flea Market. This event has been taking place in the parking lot of the historic Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Ca for over 45 years. I had the weekend off from car shows, so it was a great opportunity to head out there on Sunday morning to find some unique stuff for my home and garage.

Up on Cripple Creek...


Unfortunately, I do not have enough open wall space in my garage for the Royale or Asian Cool box sign.

Vintage Circus Poster

 I love vintage signs, so this Pet Dairy Ice Cream sign caught my eye. Also, the extra large lobster sign in the background would make quite the conversation starter. 
This extra large photo is on one of the main streets in Pasadena. I did a little research on the Dodge dealership in the photo to figure out the setting. Most of the cars in the photo look like they are late 40's autos.


 The Rose Bowl Flea Market is a great place to find vintage decor and vintage inspired decor. It has become quite a showcase for local artists and fabricators to show off and sell their work. These vintage styled signs and lamps were pretty cool.


Need to stock up on old baseball equipment?

How about an old Mr Peanut nut cracker?

 This was a pretty neat find if you happened to have a lot of cash on you at the flea market. This spinning hardware cabinet was built in 1903 at a factory in Dayton, Ohio. The pie cut drawers held small parts and hardware.


I am not sure about that.



Very cool California state box sign with chalkboard backing from So and So Designs.
I was able to pick up a few things for the garage and even made it back to the house in time to watch the end of the early Sunday NFL games.

Check back next week when I will be back at a few car shows. Next weekend, California Car Cover hosts its 5th Annual Parking Lot Sale and Parts Exchange on Saturday, then I will be off to Palos Verdes for their annual Concours Car Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment