Thursday, June 7, 2012

Jimmy DeFrank Racing in the ADRL at St. Louis

While I was working a few classic car events for California Car Cover last weekend, my brother, Jimmy, was competing in an ADRL event in Madison, MO. I posted a link to an article on our Facebook page last week about Jimmy driving the Ford Mustang owned by good friend Bo Butner. Here are some photo highlights and notes courtesy of Jimmy..

I had not been to downtown St. Louis before so the guys and I went into the city to see all the sights. I checked out the Arch from ground level. I prefer keeping two feet on the ground so I passed up on the ride in the metal basket that takes you to the top of the Arch. 

I was able to hang out all weekend with the Butner racing team. Darrel, Greg and the kids are a lot of fun, and definitely go the extra mile to make sure the car is ready to get down the track. I was racing their Ford Mustang that competes in the new SuperCar Showdown category. The car ran 5.78 at 120 in the 1/8 mile.
One serious semi truck


Ford Mustang vehicles were the most popular cars at the event. All 5 entries in the SuperCar Showdown field were Fords.

The pit area at Gateway Motorsports Park

Here are the Mustangs parked in the Butner racing camps.
The ADRL attracts different cars than the NHRA events that I am used to watching. The Extreme category cars looked cool and were fun to watch go down the track.

There were only a few cars entered in the SuperCar Showdown, but I was able to make it to the final round. Unfortunately, we came up short and Drew Skillman got the victory. The Skillmans are customers of California Car Cover and friends from the NHRA Sportsman racing circuit. Congratulations to them on the win. Round by round results can be seen on Drag Race Central. Post race coverage can be read on the ADRL website.

No comments:

Post a Comment