Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day at the L.A. Roadsters Show 2012

 Father's Day has also meant spending the day at the L.A. Roadsters Show in Pomona, Ca with my father and brother. Since I was a little kid I cruised around the show with my father or worked at our California Car Cover booth. This year was no exception as we headed out to the show early in the morning to talk car covers with friends and attendees of the event.


 Early in the morning I like to walk around the events and see all of the California Car Covers on display before the show gets started. There were plenty of gray Plushweave car covers around the fairgrounds.

Plenty of the L.A. Roadsters club member's cars were on display at the show. This year was the 48th year of the event and the show still attracts visitors from all over the world.
 One of the indoor exhibition halls contained a number of automotive displays including our friends over at Hollywood Hot Rods.


 A big draw for the weekend is the Swap Meet. The swap meet fills up a very large parking lot at the fairgrounds and is almost too large to see everything. You could spend half the day out there walking around. Unfortunately, I did have to help out in the booth on Sunday so I was only able to check out a few rows of swap meet. As you can see, you could have found anything there.






 After all these years, my father still enjoys measuring cars for custom fit California Car Covers. We can make custom one-off covers for owners of unique vehicles which makes our shop different from other cover companies.
 There were plenty of cars to see at the show other than classic roadsters. The car show attracted a nice mix of hot rods and classics.



 Inside the main show there were roadsters everywhere. Row after row of hi-boys and roadsters filled the Fairplex.

 Members of the L.A. Roadsters were on hand selling event t-shirts and club memorabilia.
 There is a slight chance I demonstrated by Baggo skills at the PBR booth at the event.






Jimmy, my dad and I all had a great Father's Day together at the show. It was a long day, but we spent some time together laughing and talking cars.
The day was not yet over once I returned home from the LA Roadsters Show. The West Valley Christian Church near my house was having their annual car show and taco night. California Car Cover donated some prizes for the raffle, so I dusted off my car and cruised over to the show for a little bit.



 The WVCC show was a nice event and it gave me a chance to take my Chevy Nova out of the garage. Thanks again to the staff of WVCC for having me out at the show.


Check back next week as I will be with the Cover Crew in St. Paul, Minnesota for the Back to the 50's show.

No comments:

Post a Comment